Site History in a Nutshell:
The original cjvlang site went up in mid-July 2000 and the Bird Names subsite (featuring Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese bird names) was begun around October of that year. Pelecanidae and Accipitrinae were among the first to be uploaded. Despite interruptions, the list was essentially complete by June 2003.
In 2004 information from sources such as Howard & Moore 2003 was incorporated. Links to photos on the Internet were added.
In 2005, the site was converted to Unicode.
In 2006 Mainland Southeast Asian birds were added.
Little was done in 2007/2008, mainly as I was in Mongolia without books.
A major overhaul began in late 2008, culminating in the creation of Sibagu. Sibagu Vietnam went live in April 2009, followed by Sibagu Mongolia (August 2009), Sibagu Japan (November 2009), Sibagu Taiwan (February 2010), and finally Sibagu China (March 2011). Besides splitting lists up by country, Sibagu also added new languages -- Turkish, Kazakh, Korean, Thai, Malay, and Indonesian.
Site updates for 2013 follow (earlier entries at the bottom):
15 April 2013 (Beijing)
- Made a few changes to Falconidae of Mongolia.
23 March 2013 (Ulaanbaatar)
- Added Mongolian script to Corvidae (Chinese).
17 March 2013 (Ulaanbaatar)
- Added Mongolian traditional script to Sittidae, Falconidae, Rallidae, Turnicidae, Picidae, Phalacrocoracidae, and Motacillidae (Chinese). Slight changes and corrections at some of the original Mongolian pages and Chinese pages.
16 March 2013 (Ulaanbaatar)
- Added Mongolian traditional script to Pteroclididae, Strigidae, and Accipitridae (Chinese).
- Slight changes to page on languages included in the Chinese list.
- Slight changes to note on Mongolian font.
17 February 2013 (Beijing)
- Added traditional Mongolian script to the Strigidae (Mongolia), along with a slight rewrite of the introduction.
- Added an extra name at the Gruidae (Mongolia).
16 February 2013 (Beijing)
- Added traditional Mongolian script to the Motacillidae (along with a rewriting of the introduction), Turnicidae (including a major query about the name), as well as the Phalacrocoracidae, Meropidae, and Picidae. Made a few changes in glosses etc. at these and other families, fixed rather glaring error.
- Added a few names at Phasianidae (Mongolia).
15 February 2013 (Beijing)
- Added traditional Mongolian script to the Gruidae and Charadriidae (Mongolia). At the same time rewrote the introduction to the Charadriidae and made changes to glosses, etc. at both families.
14 February 2013 (Beijing)
- Added Mongolian traditional script to the Accipitridae (Mongolian).
- Refined the notes to Fringillidae (Mongolian).
13 February 2013 (Beijing)
- Added Mongolian traditional script to the Falconidae, Ardeidae, Corvidae, Pteroclididae, Bombycillidae, and Rallidae (Mongolia), and changed some of the notes at introductions and tables, including newly-discovered or confirmed information.
- Slight corrections at Corvidae (Vietnam).
1 January 2013 (Queensland)
- Moved 2012 Updates to its own page.